Model 803B Surface and Volume Resistance Probe
The ETS Model 803B Surface and Volume Resistance/Resistivity Probe is designed to precisely measure surface or volume resistance on a wide variety of conductive, dissipative, and insulative materials. The electrodes are made from conductive silicon for excellent probe-to-test-surface contact and measurement accuracy. Measurements of 100 Ohms and greater can be made. The 803B comes complete with metal and acrylic test beds for both volume and surface resistance measurements. The Model 803B complies with all of the common standards for measuring surface and volume resistance of conductive, static dissipative and insulative planar material. The probe is compatible with most resistance meters and works especially well with the recommended ETS Model 871 Wide Range Resistance Meter.
- Industry leading probe for measuring surface and volume resistance
- Concentric ring design with streamlined x10 conversion to surface resistivity
- Precision 5lb. weight meets industry specifications
- Specially coated graphite silicone electrodes enable measurements of 100 ohms and greater
- Ground and insulated test beds included
- Optional verification fixtures are available to confirm measurement accuracy before use
- ANSI/ESD STM11.11 – Surface Resistance Measurement of Static Dissipative Planar Materials
- ANSI/ESD STM11.12 – Volume Resistance Measurements of Static Dissipative Planar Materials
- ASTM D257-14 & IEC 93 – Standard Test Methods for DC Resistance or Conductance of Insulating Materials
- IEC 61340-5-3 – Protection of electronic devices from electrostatic phenomena – Properties and requirements classification for packaging intended for electrostatic discharge sensitive devices (references IEC 61340-2-3).
- IEC 61340-2-3 Part 2-3: Methods of test for determining the resistance and resistivity of solid materials used to avoid electrostatic charge accumulation
- JIS K6911 – Testing Methods for Thermosetting Plastics
Related Standards: NFPA 99, IEC 62631-3-1 – Dielectric and Resistive Properties of Solid Materials
Previous Standards: IEC 60093 – Methods of Test for Volume Resistivity and Surface Resistivity of Solid Electrical Insulating Materials (Withdrawn, Note: this publication has been partially replaced by IEC 62631-3-2:2015 IEC 62631-3-2:2015 IEC 62631-3-1:2016)