M 5478 – Regenerative Dehumidification System
The M 5478 Regenerative Dehumidification System provides low humidity levels to gloveboxes, chambers and dry boxes. The system is an open-loop system consisting of a dual-column regenerative desiccant dryer operating from house air at 50-100 psi.
Regenerative desiccant compressed air dryers reuse desiccant beads by drying saturated beads through a heatless twin-tower process. While one tower dries compressed air, the other tower dries saturated desiccant using a portion of the compressed air supply. A timing circuit alternately directs the pressurized air through one desiccant column sending most of the dry air to the chamber and the remaining portion to the other column to dry the desiccant. This alternating action provides a continuous supply of dry air.
The Model 5478 is capable of maintaining less than 10% R.H. in our X-Large M 5533 glovebox chamber and less than 5% RH in our compact M 5504 glovebox chamber. Designed for use with ETS 5000 Series Controllers and all ETS Chambers, the M 5478 Regenerative Dehumidification System may also be used with other environments as well.
- Average flow rate from the unit is 0.30 cfm (7.3 lpm) at 50 psi, 0.83 cfm at 100 psi.
- Air will be dried to a minimum dewpoint of -40°F with a saturated input at 90°F.
- Power – 115 VAC/60 Hz @ 4.30Amps or less, or 230 VAC/50 Hz @ 2.15Amps or less
- Working Pressure is 50-100 psig. Dryer unit may be used with compressed air systems up to
- Dual column dryer uses a molecular sieve desiccant.
- Output fitting is for ¼” OD tubing